1 1/2 tbsps. instant dashi granules
1/2 cup miso paste (white or red)
2 tbsps. dried seaweed (soak in water about 5 mins. before adding to soup)
1/2 cup cubed firm tofu
4 inches daikon radish (cut into thin strips)
2 tbsps. chopped scallions
4 cups water
1) Put water in a pot.
2) Bring to a boil.
3) Add instant dashi and whisk until dissolved.
4) Turn heat to medium-low.
5) Add tofu.
6) Drain the seaweed and add it and daikon radish to the pot.
7) Simmer for 2 minutes.
8) While wakame is simmering, put the miso paste into a bowl.
9) Put about 1/2 cup of the hot dashi broth into the bowl,
10) Whisk gently until the miso paste is mixed and becomes smooth.
11) Turn off heat. You don’t want to boil the miso paste. Boiling can make it gritty.
12) Add the miso paste to the pot and stir well.
13) Place in bowl.
14) Top with scallions.
15) Serve immediately.
Make miso soup to your taste.
Adjust the amount of miso paste used to make less salty.
You can to choose to add green onion, wakame, tofu, fried tofu, sweet preserved radish, carrots, daikon radish shrimp, clams, cabbage, potato, etc.
Basically, the choice is yours.
For seafood and firm vegetables, add to hot dashi stock and cook to desired tenderness.
For soft vegetables, add at end with heat off.
Want to make your own miso soup?
We carry red and 2 white miso pastes, miso concentrate, wakame seaweed, seaweed combo with mushroom and shallot, instant miso soups, bonito flakes, hondashi, daikon radish, and scallions.
Use Print Page at bottom for printer friendly version.
3267 SE Federal Highway Stuart FL 34997
Asian Oriental Market Grocery Store
Serving Stuart FL, Jensen Beach FL, Port Saint Lucie FL, Palm City FL, Hobe Sound FL, Jupiter FL,
Tequesta FL, Saint Lucie West FL, Fort Pierce FL, Indiantown FL, Okeechobee FL, Vero Beach FL
Florida Treasure Coast Asian Market Of Choice
Copyright © 2013-2014 Asian Specialty Products L.L.C. All rights reserved.