Ingredients for Pad Thai Sauce
1/4 cup palm sugar
1/4 cup fish sauce
1 tablespoon tamarind paste or concentrate
1/4 cup Sriracha sauce(adjust to your heat level)
Pad Thai Sauce
1) Put tamarind paste or concentrate into a measuring cup, and add enough water to make 1/4 cup, stir, this is your tamarind juice.
2) In a small sauce pan, put palm sugar, fish sauce, tamarind juice, and sriracha sauce. Cook on low heat until the palm sugar dissolves, then increase heat. Let it start to boil, then quickly remove from heat, and set aside.
Ingredients for Pad Thai
1 egg lightly beaten
1 cup of either fresh uncooked shrimp, scallops, crab or chunked chicken
1 tablespoon fried shallot
3 strips chopped sweet radish
1/4 cup diced firm tofu
1 handful rice stick noodle
1/4 cup water
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1/4 cup fresh chive or chive flower cut into one inch long pieces
1 tablespoon palm sugar
2-3 Kaffir lime leaves (adjust to suit taste)
2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
1/3 teaspoon of chili powder or 1 fresh Thai chili sliced (adjust to suit taste or omit if you don't want the heat)
Rice Bran oil
1) Rinse the radish several times under cold water, gently squeezing off the water. Chop it and add a little bit of sugar to sweeten, mix well.
2) Soak the rice stick noodle in warm water for about 20 minutes, leave in water until you are ready to use.
3) Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok at medium-high heat. Add egg and cook it quickly, scrambling into small pieces. Remove from heat & set aside.
4) Add 2 tablespoons of oil in the same wok. Add meat and cook until done. Put in a bowl, set aside.
5) Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok. Add shallot, radish and tofu & fry until aromatic. Increase the heat of your wok. Add a handful of soaked noodles followed with water. Stir-fry this mixture for about 5-6 minutes. Add a tablespoon of water at a time if needed. The noodles will start to get soft. Add 1/4 cup of Pad Thai Sauce and mix well. Add sugar, cooked egg, bean sprout, chive flower and cooked meat. Stir well for another 1-2 minutes until everything blends together.
Serve with fresh lime, roasted peanuts, chili powder and bean sprouts on the side. Jasmine rice steamed in coconut water makes a nice side dish.
We carry several pre-made Pad Thai Sauces.
Use Print Page at bottom for printer friendly version.
Asian Oriental Market Grocery Store
Serving Stuart FL, Jensen Beach FL, Port Saint Lucie FL, Palm City FL, Hobe Sound FL, Jupiter FL,
Tequesta FL, Saint Lucie West FL, Fort Pierce FL, Indiantown FL, Okeechobee FL, Vero Beach FL
Florida Treasure Coast Asian Market Of Choice
Copyright © 2012-2016 Asian Specialty Products L.L.C. All rights reserved